Wednesday, September 21, 2011

So tomorrow...

So, today I was commiserating with a colleague whose mother-in-law is going into assisted living. We're all headed there. We mused aloud, "Were we doing the things that would allow us to age in a way we could enjoy our later years without losing our balance, our minds and our independence?" I told her my favorite quote from Covert Bailey who said something like, "There is a pill you can take for exercise. You take it twice a day but you must allow 15 minutes each time to swallow it."

Today it dawned on me. Why do I even think about not exercising? Setting aside money for retirement is a given. Setting aside time now, to exercise each day, is like building up an account of time --- lifetime --- I can tap into later! I would like to feel like I am alive and lively as I age. I don't want to be sleeping the days away on prescriptions wondering sadly why I am still here. You know?

So tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. I know! AHA, I am so glad you're doing this with us! You are inspiring me :) Keep it up! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the inspiration, Libster! I'm with you.

    ReplyDelete