Saturday, September 17, 2011

Day 5 (...was yesterday)

Sorry I didn't manage to post last night.  The excitement of having Kevin come home for the weekend just got the best of me and I ended up crashing right after I fed the little man.  I had a great day though, good meal choices and a nice long walk with the doggies (all three!).

I definitely want to tell you about the yummy dinner I made last night though.  I bought a Trader Joe's soup last weekend that I'd originally planned to just eat plain, but then I got to thinking...I have some organic chicken and organic ground beef in the fridge that I really need to use soon...So, I used the soup as a base (Organic Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup), added a half can of diced tomatoes to the soup, and let that warm up/simmer. I then cooked the chicken and beef in a bit of olive oil and garlic (seasoned with salt, ground pepper, and red pepper flakes) and then combined it all in the sauce pan.  I chopped up some green onion and sprinkled it on top after I dished the soup into bowls.  It was DELICIOUS!  I have never been a huge fan of tomatoes, but I'm definitely warming up to them these days.  Kevin even liked it!!!

I'll also go ahead and fill you in on today, so far.  Kevin, Riley, and I went out to the barn and spent about 3 hours enjoying our horses and the folks that own/run the barn.  Cora and Gus are both doing amazingly well; we are SO impressed.  I rode Cora for an hour or so as well...I'm learning to do reining and I love it.  If you're curious, check out our trainer (Alyssa Boender) on youtube.  Best of all, today we were able to watch Alyssa ride Gus for the first time!  Kevin posted the videos of him walking and trotting on Facebook.  We were very proud of how calm he was...like an old pro.

I've been OK with eating today...not enough, but I'll make up for it.  I had a quest bar and coffee for breakfast and then I had a late lunch (finished off the rotisserie chicken and had a giant bowl of berries, spoonful of greek yogurt, and half a scoop of Primal Fuel on top).  Not sure yet what I'm going to do for dinner.

Hope you all finished off the week strong!  Love you!

Oh, and THIS is how you do greek yogurt...

1 comment:

  1. The soup sounds delicious! I'm really glad you were able to ride Cora!
    Dan grilled some absolutely fantastic Prime Filets for us tonight. We also had big salads, roasted asparagus and corn on the cob. Corn is not really a vegetable, it is a grain and full of starch & sugar and I should get fifty lashes for eating it. However, it is mid-September in Indiana and this corn will not be missed by this redhead. The salad and asparagus were my vegetables, the corn was just an extra treat. Emily and I had a dessert of berries with a dollop of Greek yogurt and a sprinkling of vanilla protein powder.
    Aside from the corn and a bit of dark chocolate, I had a good day! Hydration is going much better. Now for some quality sleep.

    ReplyDelete