Monday, September 12, 2011

Primal Blueprint 30-Day Challenge: Day 1

Hello, Family!  I really am so excited to be sharing this experience with you all.  I hope we can use this forum to keep each other motivated, encouraged, and mostly to share yummy recipes!

I'm going to just document my day...It wasn't exactly an auspicious start for me.  I've been terrible about eating enough recently.  Not having Kevin around is already taking a toll.  Today I DID manage to eat: 2 Quest Bars (boo for the sucralose - 1 for breakfast and 1 late tonight because I have not eaten nearly enough today), some sweet potato chips (I plan to make this an OCCASIONAL indulgence), a yummy steelhead trout filet (lightly seasoned and baked for 20 min in butter), and a couple pieces of dark chocolate.  I've had a liter of water, an Iced Cafe Americano, and a small glass of wine.  I definitely need to increase my water intake.

The good things I did today included: Going grocery shopping for lots of primal friendly foods (check out the Grocery List  on Mark's Daily Apple if you're having trouble getting started).  Laughed and played a lot with Riley.  He was a trooper even though he got three shots at the doc's today.  Went for a quick 25 minute walk with Riley and Tucker.  I prepped meals for the rest of the week -- cut up veggies for quick assembly in salads, hard boiled 8 eggs, and saved three leftover filets (it was a whole side of a steelhead trout) for future meals.  I felt rather accomplished at the end of the night...except I'm under-fueled and tired right now.

I hope you all had a good start to the challenge.  Share your questions, techniques, recipes, and anything else that you think the rest of the group might be interested in.  Looking forward to the rest of the week.  I think it will go more smoothly for me than today did.

My dinner.  Mmmmm.
 View behind me at the end of my walk.
 My playmate!
I love you guys!  Can't wait to see your comments!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, Ashley!
    I'm so happy that you have inspired us all to jump into the challenge.
    I had a decent first day but not enough water or food. I was pleased that the foods I ate were appropriate.
    Work out was good but I still hope to add some running each week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first day was terrible as far as getting enough meals. Too much to do at work.
    9:30 AM: Grande iced coffee with heavy cream and 1 splenda
    Water throughout day
    9:30 PM (yeah, you read that right): 10 BBQ chicken wings with celery, carrots, a bit of ranch dressing; 2 stoli blueberry & sodas
    1:00 AM: scallops, fried sweet potato and banana slices

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I played a soccer game at 7:35! So, at least I got a workout in despite the lousy work schedule. Then Dave, Derek, and I played in the trivia competition at Houndstooth (that's where I had the wings and stolis)in our neighborhood after the game.

    ReplyDelete