Saturday, October 8, 2011

Routine is the name of the game...

Well, I can't believe this 30 day challenge is nearly over!  Let's do it again!  I've lost probably close to 10 lbs since we started.  Pretty amazing since I wasn't really trying to lose weight.  I've been able to do this with lots of help from my Momma (who feeds me amazing primal meals and provides good primal snacks when I'm at her house) and a pretty fail-safe routine.

I've found that my routine is my saving grace.  I try and set myself up for success each week by preparing meals on the weekend which will provide plenty of leftovers throughout the week (I'm cooking pot roast tomorrow).  I hard boil a bunch of eggs.  I make myself lunch each morning.  I have old standbys for times when I just don't want/have time to cook -- Primal Fuel shakes, Greek Yogurt (not the fat free crap), Quest Bars.  When I really have my sh*t together, I prepare salad fixin's in little tupperware containers so I can just throw it on some lettuce for a quick salad during the week.

Especially with my circumstances now (single parent mode), the routine has saved me and kept me on track.

What have you all figured out that works for you?

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more, Ash. Setting myself up to succeed really doesn't take that much effort. It just takes some thought. I'm beyond the point that I have to give myself a pep talk to make good choices, so that may be the biggest change I will see for these 30 days. I'm not confident that I've lost much weight, but I certainly feel good! You inspire me and I thank you! I'm in for another 30, at least!

    ReplyDelete