Sunday, October 2, 2011

End of Week 3!

Lemme start by saying sorry for not updating in a few days...life.

Riley and I have been hanging in there pretty well...but we sure do miss Daddy.  I'm doing my workouts primarily during the week (sometimes at home, sometimes at work).  I focus on making weekends about playtime.  Although, horseback riding is a workout, stress relief, and playtime all in one :)  I had a great ride on Saturday and only had to get off twice to pop the pacifier back into Riley's mouth (otherwise he was content to just sit in his stroller).

I've been silly and I continue to weigh myself.  I've lost about 6 lbs since we started the challenge...I'm down to the same weight I was as a Senior in HS.  Crazy.  But I need to gain muscle.  That's my major battle right now.  I know I'm fueling my body and getting a lot of the elements of the Primal Blueprint Fitness plan into my routine, but I'm not lifting enough.  Gotta get that back!

This morning, Riley and I hung out for awhile.  I made a yummy Costa Rican coffee that I bought at Trader Joe's yesterday and then I made PUMPKIN PANCAKES!  SOOOOO GOOD!  Here's how I did it.

2 Eggs
1/2 Cup Pumpkin Puree
1/3 Cup Almond Butter
1/4 Cup Almond Meal/Flour
1 T Pure Vanilla Extract
2 T Agave Nectar
1 t Cinnamon
1/4 t Nutmeg

I think that's it.  You can adjust it however you want...You probably don't even need all that Agave Nectar (I didn't actually use the full 2 Ts).  They were delicious!  Just cook them like you would any other pancakes...but be careful not to let them burn.  They are actually pretty easy to flip too and you'll probably have to flip them while they're still pretty runny on top to keep them from burning.  They were quick and delicious.  Try them.  You won't regret it!

Off to grocery shop at Target w/Riley before FOOTBALL!  Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment